We are seeking an enthusiastic, skilled and experienced heavy vehicle diesel mechanic to join our team at Burpengary, north of Brisbane.
We are a family owned business of over 40 years with more than 130 buses/coaches and 200 team members across two depot locations. Over 80% of our buses and coaches have been manufactured in Brisbane, Queensland by Denning Manufacturing. By purchasing superior Australian-made vehicles we ensure the longevity and reliability of our fleet. We are able to actively reduce vehicle down time through a comprehensive stockholding of Denning replacements parts, preventative servicing and mobile maintenance units. We value sustainable transport and our fleet is continuously being upgraded to ensure fuel efficiency and lower carbon emissions.
KBL derives its competitive edge in large part from remarkable men & women who bring their skills & energy to work every day. In return for their hard work & commitment, KBL aspires to provide competitive wages, a safe and healthy work environment and true work/life balance.
What we Offer:
- safe, healthy, team-based & collaborative work environment;
- technological innovation to help you work smarter, not harder;
- a young, modern fleet of more than 130 buses and coaches;
- a small fleet of light commercial and non-commercial vehicles;
- a custom-built workshop & fully equipped mobile maintenance units
- employee assistance program
- salary sacrifice options for superannuation and other items
- a 40-hour week with a rotating roster
- an hourly rate negotiated, based on your experience, qualifications and knowledge.
- Full shower & locker facilities for those who like to ride to work or hit the local gym before they start work.
What you Offer:
- a willingness to develop skills and take on training & instruction with a positive attitude;
- embrace technology and innovation;
- enjoy working in and contributing to a team environment;
- have extensive knowledge of CAT, CUMMINGS, SCANIA, VOLVO diesel heavy engines & systems;
- produce quality work with attention to detail;
- commitment to safety;
- flexibility to work a rotating roster;
- Trade qualification(s);
- HR licence;
- Working at Heights Certificate;
- Forklift licence (desirable).
A Typical day as a KBL mechanic
Due to the variety of vehicles, a typical day in the workshop offers a variety of activities for our maintenance team.
Our custom-built maintenance program to provides you with your tasks for the day, which may involve driving the golf buggy down to the urban fleet to perform daily pre-departure checks on the urban buses in preparation for the day’s service delivery or maybe preparing a coach and trailer for a tour, departing in a few days.
You will enjoy fresh coffee on us, with breaks and lunch in air-conditioned comfort [or fresh air in the alfresco area] in the large, fully equipped lunchroom. After watching a bit of tv and/or chatting to other KBL team members, it’s time to head back to the workshop.
Depending upon your previous job’s status, you may be now sharing your knowledge and skills, as you guide our young apprentice around a Cummins ISBe5 to diagnose a fault, or help you with a C service or even installing WiFi in one of the coaches.
If you have the skills and qualities above and would like to join the KBL team as it continues to grow, please send your resume and qualification certificates to: email@example.com